Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer Lovin'!

The kiddos started their 1st day of swimming lessons today. They "swam" at an outdoor beach where Jason spent many summers as a child. It wasn't even 9am & the temp was already reaching towards the 90's! Ugh, just humid & not 1 cloud in the sky.
Once we arrived, Zander was scared to actually go into the water because of the "sharks." He's watched Nemo 1 too many times & is convinced there are sharks in the little lake.
Speaking of Nemo, when I went to register the kids yesterday, of course they were so excited that they had to pee. Once we went into the bathroom, Z pulls his shorts down & instead of going tinkles in the toilet, his little Nemo fish which he carries around everywhere (kinda like Flounder, remember Tracy?) plopped into the toilet. McKenna told Z that it was just like the movie & Nemo was trying to escape from him. Instead of letting Nemo escape into the sewer, Zander MADE me fish out his fish from the public toilet. (no pun intended, yeah right) Surprisingly the toilets were immaculate, & after I washed my hands 5 times, so were my hands (& Nemo). Oh the things we do for our children! Once the kids finally made their way to the "sea" as McKenna called it, they had a blast splashing in the water & making their mud pies.
I love these pictures below.
Here they are patiently waiting for their swim class to begin.
Gage didn't mind the beach so much either. I wasn't sure what he would make of the sand, seeing he hated the feel of grass. Look at him just checking out the sand on his little fingers wondering what to make of it.
Surprisingly, he just loved it. (Yes, he tried tasting it as well.) He loved the water even more. The day prior we went to the Meyer's household (Jason's sister's family) & the kids had a blast splish-splashing around in the kiddie pools. I swear Gage just gravitates towards Karlee. I think he loves that someone else is little like him (Well, even though she makes him look like a giant).
This past weekend I attended a wedding in Madison for a friend of mine from high school. It was an outdoor wedding at the Overture Center for the Arts. Unfortunately, Jason had to work, but I had so much fun hanging out with my high-school friends & reminiscing about the good ol' days. I must be getting too old to have as much fun as we did, because here I am 3 days later & I'm still sore!! (lots of walking & there might have been a glass or two of wine) Our hotel was right across from the Capitol. It was a beautiful wedding, with a beautiful bride & groom, beautiful company & beautiful weather.
Thank you for the beautiful time & congrats Taylor & Sarah!
Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad 36yrs! (23rd) , Happy B-Day to my brothers Kevin (24th) & Brian (26th), my Mom (27th) & my Father-in-Law Lee (21st)!
Whoah, that's a lot of occassions in 1 month for 1 family!

No comments: