Wednesday, March 28, 2012

March Madness at the Bartel's

I can't remember a nicer March! The weather has been mild...ok, even HOT at times! We've been setting record high temps here in WI. We were almost even tempted to turn on the air conditioning a few times. The nights are still cooler, so it's refreshing to sleep with the windows open...IN MARCH...IN WI! Pure Madness! We even had our first S'Mores of the year from our backyard fire pit.
Not only are the flowers blooming, but the boys are already finding FROGS and even a caterpillar!
 It's been bliss! 
Can I just tell you how much I am enjoying my new camera!? I LOVE it! So far my favorite subject has been the dog, as she is the only one who will sit still.
Even her yawns are cute! 
If I try to get a picture of the kids,...this is what I get.
March 26th, our little animated, dramatic Princess turned SEVEN!
My first born, who gave me the privilege and honor to be called a Mom, just turned a another year further away from that little toddler I loved to watch dance around the house to Elmo and the Wiggles.
 She is now obsessed with Mermaids and still even a little bit of the Princesses. Where is time going?
 I caught her the other day playing dress up...only this time she stuffed her top with socks so she could have *boobies*! Oh that girl!
This year she celebrated her birthday with a fellow classmate at a Hotel water park. They invited all of their friends to swim and spend the night. I was the night chaperon with 7 little other animated, dramatic girls. All in all, they had a BLAST swimming and talking until they could barely utter another word and their eyes collapsed...er wait, that might have been me. They were so excited to swim they even wore their swimming suites to breakfast! 

2 comments:

The Curry Family said...

Happy Birthday to McKenna! What a fun way to celebrate!

Coplen's said...

McKenna looks so grown up! I can't believe how fast they grow. She doesn't look like that little girl anymore! :) Happy Birthday Mckenna.