Friday, October 3, 2008

You did WHAT?! WHY?!

Yes, that is gum stuck in my daughters nose. And to think I only worried about her swallowing it. Not sure what possessed McKenna to do such a thing. I should have known though, since last week I found some gum in her panties. When I asked why it was there, the answer was simple, "I was hiding it." Huh. After many failed attempts with tweezering it out (while her Nana & Papa were holding her down because we were trying to kill her, or at least I think that's what she thought by her screams) & using the suction bulb (no restraints necessary for that), it was time for Dr. Clam (yes, there is a Dr. Clam out there) to extract the Trident, extra lasting gum out of her nose. His first words to McKenna when her saw her, "I bet you're dreading this as much as I am right now." Apparently after the successful extraction, (which she had to be restrained for, because this time the nurse & Daddy were trying to kill her, again, according to her screams) the Dr. told Jason that his daughter got a pearl stuck up her nose, & had to be sedated to get it out. Huh.

I can't leave out that it was only 48 hrs prior that I was on the phone with Poison Control because Gage's new 1oz bottle of Infant Milicon (anti-gas relief) ended up in the little hands of McKenna & Zander. Turns out Milicon is non-toxic, & when swallowed in large amounts, produces erratic bowel movements....also referred to as "McKenna going from dancing... to stopping suddenly with a dreadful look on her face... to pooping in the pajamas". (And here I thought it was Zander who drank it.) The first time I had to call Poison Control was because she came to me holding Nana's "M&M's" (aka my mom's Thyroid Pills) while chewing on some. She then proceeded to tell me that she didn't like Nana's "M&M's" & spit them out (Thank God!) I called Poison Control just to make sure.

Now, you may be thinking, does she (me) ever watch her kids? Yes, I do, but these little stinkers will get into anything & everything in the blink of an eye. Our house is pretty much child safe (or at least I know what they are capable of at our place)....now, everyone else's home is a different story, & they completely take advantage of that. (sidenote: all of these incidents happened at my parents house, a not so child friendly environment) Soooo, next time we see you at your place....beware.

I will post more on her "McKenna-isms" later. She comes up with some pretty interesting things....


What is that girl thinking lately?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are going to have an interesting diary of events on their lives. I laughed out loud reading this blog. THE BEST IS YET TO COME!

Mom (Nana)

sarahgwidt said...

That is hilarious! I could totally see Lucy "hiding" things in her panties, too. Ha ha ha.

The Curry Family said...

It must be a Lepak thing...since Jersie shoved a bead up her nose! The things kids will do!

Lepak's said...

Gosh two cousins who are just alike Jersie and McKenna. Jersie put a green bead up her nose and it got stuck too. Looks like we are going to have our hands full.