Tuesday, September 23, 2008

September

Oh where to start...it's been an eventful month for the Bartel household. I am going to try to sum it up in this post with a synopsis of the months happenings.

We traveled to Nana & Papa's house in Stevens Point so the kids could go to the carnival. (Pacelli Panacea). McKenna just loved it, while Z was "scared" (as he says lately around crowds). She even went on this dragon roller coaster & squealed in delight at all of the whips & turns, with her arms in the air! ( I just screamed with no delight...I know I'm getting old when kiddie rides make me squeamish)

"GG" (Great Grandma, aka Jason's Grandma) was re-married on September 7th. (Grandpa Bartel passed away 4 years ago) Congrats "GG" & Ken! We also had our 1st picture taken as a family of 5.

McKenna apparently married "Ba". This love affair has been going on since they laid eyes on eachother when Kenna was 2 mos old.

Great Grandma Lepak (aka my Grandma) celebrated her 96th B-Day on September 10th. She also met Gage for the 1st time. It was a wonderful visit & I wish we lived closer so I could see her more. Papa also celebrated his B-Day on September 11th. Happy B-Day to you!


McKenna & Lucy are officially declared best friends. (Ok, so what if the declaration was made by their mom's. Afterall, we've been best friends since Day Care. Zander & Brecken have been chumming it up a bit lately as well. (what gorgeous little men!)

Kenna & Z continue to imitate their Mommy...(what else is new) They will make wonderful parents someday.

I've been experimenting with some neat effects I've discovered on my camera. I'm also dabbling with the idea of photography. I've been getting some insight from my best friend Sarah Gwidt (aka Lucy's Mommy) Check out her photography blog in the column to the right.

We said goodbye to our beloved Chevy Avalanche which we purchased in Arizona, & welcomed a brand new Town & Country Van for our expanding family. We are officially "not cool"....I'm still teary eyed over this trade. (it's a whole other post)

Welcome to the World Karlee Kay Meyer! Our 4th niece was born at 1:58 p.m. on Saturday Sept 20th. Weighing in at 6lbs and 5 oz. 18 1/2 " long. Congratulations Chad, Tania & BIG Brother Brecken!

We are continuing to enjoy every moment with our fun & crazy life. I'm making sure to take time to "smell the flowers" this time around, knowing they grow up all too fast. Our little pumpkin is already turning over to his left side from his back, smiling, cooing, & he's even batting at his dangling toy from his carseat. We go in for his 2 month appt tomorrow (yucky, shots!). I will post his stats later.


Where did the summer go?

1 comment:

The Curry Family said...

What an eventful September you have had. And ouch, the minivan must have hurt to get, but that's what you gotta do, right?!

*And oh my, could Brecken and Zander be twins or what?!*