Saturday, January 23, 2010

Wintertime Blues...

Today it's cold. Yesterday was cold.....& tomorrow.... it will be cold.
In fact, here in WI it's probably going to be cold for another 4 months. (shiver)
I hate cold, & I hate winter. I still can't believe that we moved back here from beautiful, sun-loving Arizona. 
Today I really miss what I used to call home. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm thankful to live in a place where we don't have hurricanes, earth-quakes, monsoons, etc... and I know that wherever my family is, will always be home, no matter where....
but today, right now, I'm sad, & I just miss Arizona.

I miss the drives in the mountains to Canyon Lake and finding peace in God's beauty, stopping by Ghost town on the way back and picking up some fresh fugde.

I miss hiking at Pinnacle Peak and the view of it from our bedroom window...or driving home past the McDowell Mountains, & seeing the gorgeous Superstition Mountains.




I miss going to Carrabas, PF Changs, Rubios, & Sonic with my brother, Tracy & Jersie. I miss the Cheescake Factory too.

(03' Christmas dinner taken at Cheesecake Factory, yum)
I miss wearing flip-flops and driving in my Audi TT with the windows down on the 101.

(Goodbye Audi, Hello Mini-Van)
I miss taking road trips to Vegas with my beautiful,crazy friends...whom I miss too.


(Their motto: suck in and stick out! Oh those crazy girls!)
I miss going to "our spot" at Sedona and again, looking at God's amazing creation.

I miss the smell of the orange blossoms, the palm trees and cacti, and most of all, the mountains.


Oh how I miss those mountains!
Now, I'm going to find a nice cozy blanket, or child, and snuggle.
Maybe a road-trip is in store....

3 comments:

The Curry Family said...

I miss AZ too...but, if you ever want to take a trip to Vegas again, we'd love to have you! :)

Bartel's said...

That would be fun! Not sure who would enjoy it more, our girls or the adults!

Anonymous said...

Yes, home is wherever your family is. You have beautiful past memories and beautiful future memories to make with your family.