Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"Momnesia"

Ah ha!! Finally a diagnosis, from a Real Dr!,....Dr. Phil of course. Between picking up the house, trying to eat some lunch lunch before Gage wakes up (& wants his lunch, aka "me"!), & walking my little sleeping man in my arms, I was listening to the Dr. Phil Show. It was a variety of topics, but one stuck out. It was regarding new moms,..."Hey, this could pertain to me!", I thought. Little did I know, I found the diagnosis I've been looking for, & it's real! When I was pregnant, I'd always joke that I had CRC Syndrome (can't remember crap), or Placenta Brain, or Pregnancy Brain,..you get the picture. Well, I never had a name for my forgetfulness after I had the baby,.. that is until now! "Momnesia"! (You know, like amnesia) Apparently this occurs from the stress of having the baby, the wacky hormones screwing with my brain, oh, I can't forget the Sleep Deprivation (or can I?) & a couple of other things that I would love to share with you, but seriously, I already forgot. This can last from 6 mos to a whole year!! I must have an extreme case, as I've had "Momnesia" going on 3 years now. I can't wait to tell Jason that there really is an explanation for my actions! Next time I do something stupid or forgetful, I am so pulling out the Momnesia card. ;0)

Visine anyone?
Apparently I forgot (now I know it was the "Momnesia") that I am allergic to the "Country" when looking for houses to buy. Good thing we just bought a house in the country!! I could barely sleep last night because my eyes itched like crazy! When I woke up they were bright red. I had to practically peel them open, it wasn't pretty. This picture was taken about an hr after I awoke. (they were actually worse!)I even thought I had pink eye, but that theory was shot down when I couldn't stop sneezing & couldn't breath out of my drippy nose. I guess Good Ol' Country Living comes with a price. Seeing that I've rarely left my air-conditioned house, I'm sure it didn't help that we spent the entire evening at Jason's parents house, outside, in the country. It was nice getting out though.
(Jason with his Godson Brecken having some fun yesterday evening)

No comments: