Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bribes, they're not beneath me....

Of course I love it when I ask my children to do something & they so kindly oblige my request.....but the reality is that doesn't always happen. Sooooo, the occassional bribe gets tossed in. My youngest son is teething & getting ALL of his 1yr molars plus a 4th bottom tooth in & he just loves to have popsicles. On top of tasting delicious he probably gets some pain relief from them.  Seeing that Valentines Day is nearing, I bought some Valentine suckers, which Gage thinks are popsicles as well.
When Gage woke up yesterday I could immediatley smell poop. I swear it was smeared on the walls & up my nose it was that strong. When I noticed his soiled pants, & brown on his ANKELS I soon realized the next step was bathtime. I stripped him of his clothing & turned on the bath. He usually loves bathtime, but of course, not now. Instead, his cute smelly little jiggly butt & ankels take him as fast as they can to the freezer where he struggles with all his might for it to budge & screams "pockaple! pockaple!" Now, I know, & he knows, that if I make a run for him he will run away onto the carpet. As I approach him like a wild animal ready to pounce on their prey, I look to the right of me & see the bag of suckers on the counter. I decide to lure him in...."Gage, look what mommy has...popsicles!"........
As you can see, I lured the little beast into his "trap" & carpets remained clean,... while the beast became clean.
Sometimes bribes are just the way to go....

1 comment:

Schweitzers said...

Haha! Way to go! I know Joshua has been so fussy with teething. 12 teeth in and 3 more on the way! He loves freezes and popsicles too! And I know all too well the messy diapers and red bottoms teething causes! Oh the joys :)