Sunday, July 27, 2008

Gage is here!

Gage Grady Bartel arrived at 3:26pm on Friday July 25th weighing in at 7lbs 15.6 oz & measuring 19 1/2 inches long. He is a beautiful little baby with adorable dimples on both cheeks! SO cute. The hospital staff said they had a full nursery that weekend, & Gage was surrounded by little screaming baby girls. I guess he just looked around & didn't even whimper. He can thank McKenna & Zander for getting him accustom to screaming from the womb. Overall he is a happy baby, & only cries when he's hungry or gassy.

Here's the Labor Story:
I checked in at 7am, & received the Epidural by 8:30am. About 1 hr later, came the Pitosin. At 12:30 the Dr. broke my water. At this point, the Epidural was working, because the nurse told me I was having steady contractions, which I could only feel a bit of tightening from. Not even 30 min later, the Epidural wore off & on came full blown, very painful contractions. (my Epidural stopped working with Zander's delivery as well). The Anesthesiologist came back in to give me a "different" concoction, which only led me to be paralyzed in my right leg & still no pain relief. I must admit, looking back, it was pretty funny, because my leg kept falling off the table & Jason had to keep putting it back up. The Anesthesiologist was prepared to give me another Epidural, but at this point, Gage was almost here. (boy did I cry like a baby!) After about 1 1/2 hours of pushing, out came Gage! He starting coming out so fast that the Dr's scrubs weren't completely on & she had just put her gloves on. This hospital was pretty laid back for our taste, as they didn't even weigh, measure, clean or put the eye cream on Gage until over an hour later. Once all cleaned up, he slept in our arms for the whole night. He is just a little slice of Heaven... a mixture of both McKenna & Zander, so it will be interesting. I will post more pictures later. Here are some from the hospital. So far he's nursing great & already turning into a Mommy's boy. We couldn't be happier.


Check out those dimples!

3 comments:

The Curry Family said...

Congratulations Bartel family! Gage is a cutie, it doesn't look like he has Jason's 'strong' genes as the other two do (at least from these pictures). His dimples are too cute!

Bobby and Shanna said...

Congrats also Bartels...He is so precious..I agree with Cassi, he does look a little different than the two..but goodess, just to to adorable..now don't spoil him (LOL)

sarahgwidt said...

Yippee! How fantastic! He is adorable... love love love the dimples. I can't wait to meet him, hopefully very soon. I will be there as soon as you're ready, Kristi! CONGRATULATIONS!