Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July





Well now that I'm finally figuring how "blogging world" works, I can finally update our Blog with pictures & updates....now, where to start?....


  • May 30th we signed our 1st home!! It's a beautiful home in the country on a 1/2 acre of fenced in yard. The kids just LOVE it! Just in time to welcome a new baby....not in the best condition to be packing/unpacking though. Apparently my uterus was irritated with all of the moving & lifting & I ended up in the hospital the next week, (2 times) to be monitored. 5 contractions in 1 hour. I received a shot to calm down the tummy & I went back home.

  • McKenna started her Summer Pre-School program. It's her first time in a real classroom at a real school! I dropped her off & she made herself at home right away & started playing with all of the toys. About 5 min later the teachers made the parents leave & told us it will be harder on us than the kids. I didn't even get a chance to cry! I asked her who her friends are & she only gave me boy names.....hmmm. She's growing up way too fast!

  • About 2 weeks ago Jason was in his annual "Neenah Street Ball" Competition. The kids & I went to cheer him on they loved it. Grandma & Grandpa Bartel came to watch & spend some time with the kids. They took 3rd place for their bracket.

  • July 4th we went to Aunt Tania, Uncle Chad & Brecken's house for a cookout & then walked down to the river to watch the fireworks. The kids had a blast swimming with Brecken in the kiddie pool & running around EVERYWHERE before the fireworks started....which finally happened at 10:20pm. Needless to say, Zander fell asleep. McKenna was a trooper & stayed awake for the finale.

We are really enjoying summer in our new place. I am looking forward to Maternity Leave so I can spend the summer with the kids. NOT looking forward to the sleep deprivation. I feel like Gage will make his debut any day now. Next appt is on the 8th, so I will post more pictures & updates then.

1 comment:

Lepak's said...

Gosh the kiddos are getting so big! Looks like McKenna is loveing "school" Keep us posted when baby Gage comes we are all waiting.......