Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Imitation

I've been told by many that McKenna is going to be a great Little Mommy's helper. I've never had a doubt about that. What I didn't know, was the extent as to which she would be taking it. She just amuses me. All I have to say, is good thing we have 2 hand breast pumps (one for each of us). She even had to make sure she took her pump with her to daycare today. Jason couldn't resist taking a picture of the 2 of us this morning nursing....myself, nursing Gage, McKenna, nursing "Ba". I won't post it, but will bring it out for her to look back on later in life to laugh at.
I've also noticed the kids needing to imitate the baby. I now know we can't leave any pacifier out, or they find their way into the germy little hands & mouths of Kenna & Zander. We've caught them both trying to hop into the swing too. Zander did get mad when we took his Monkey out of it to replace it with baby Gage. I think the eyes in the back of my head are growing larger everyday, with all of the things I see them trying to get into.
Overall, I think the kids approve of Gage. First thing in the morning they both ask for him. McKenna thinks Gage is another baby doll for her to tote around & play with,....which we are working on. As for Zander, Gage is a neat little toy that he can show us where all the body parts are. We have to watch him, because he will try to poke at Gage's eyes or nose, just to show us he knows where they are. Normally this is practiced on us, & we have time to shut our eyes, & then praise him for knowing the body parts. It's all a work in progress.
Gage already has a brother & sister that love him to pieces.

No comments: